Loyola’s base of mentor programs, including Executive Mentor, has grown steadily in the past decade, particularly in the eight years since Hurricane Katrina. Faculty and staff say more students are pursuing the mentor route as an opportunity to give back to the community at large and to their peers at Loyola. Meanwhile, students in the mentee role have come to rely on these programs to gain a leg up in their fields before heading out to the professional world.
- Margaret Joffe ’79 (sociology), J.D. ’86, has been named a special partner at Pugh, Accardo, Haas, Radecker & Carey.
- Joseph A. Taranto ’60 (secondary education), J.D. ’65, received the Order of St. Louis Award.
- Jamie Baglio, J.D. ’99, has been named a special partner at Pugh, Accardo, Haas, Radecker & Carey in New Orleans.
- Douglas Elliott, J.D. ’94, has been named a special partner at Pugh, Accardo, Haas, Radecker & Carey.
- Shannon Eldridge, J.D. ’94, has joined McCranie, Sistrunk, Anzelmo, Hardy, McDaniel & Welch in New Orleans.